The 2178 Baler Moisture Tester Plus has advanced dual-sensor technology for greater overall accuracy while baling hay with square or round balers. The Baler Moisture Tester Plus mounts in the cab of the tractor and provides a direct readout for % moisture while baling hay.
Having multiple moisture content readings during each step of the haymaking process is critical to finishing with a high quality product.
Due to the many variables associated with hay moisture measurements an occasional "spot check" using a handheld probe on finished bales is recommended. Check out our Digital Hay Moisture Probe or our Advanced Hay, Straw and Silage Digital Tester.
Spare parts available if required:
- 218X-SEC - Baler Sensor Extension Cable - 3M
- 2177-SC - Baler (2177) Moisture Sensor Cable - 7.6M (LGE EYELET)
- 2178-SC - Baler (2178) Moisture Sensor Cable - 9.1M (SML EYELET)
- 2178-S - Baler (2178) Replacement Sensor Pad & Screws (1 only)
- 2178-SS - Replacement screws etc for for nylon pads
- 2178-PC - Baler (217X) Power Cable - 3M
- Bale type: small square and round
- Multi-sensor technology takes readings from the left, right and middle of the bale for greater overall accuracy
- Average of readings updated and displayed every 3 seconds
- Large, illuminated LCD display and keypad for easy viewing during day or night
- ± Moisture offset adjustments
- Adjustable high/ low limit of moisture reading
- Firmware/calibration curves upgradable via standard USB
- Moisture range: 8% to 30% depending on baler type use
- Accurate throughout the normal range of stored hay
- Display resolution: 0.1% moisture
- Includes the following items in the kit:
• Display module
• 3m power cable
• Two sensor pads
• Two 10m sensor cables
• Twelve sensor cable ties
• Mounting Hardware
• USB Cable
Watch the product in action!
Looking to purchase a Farmscan Baler Moisture Meter, but want to see it in action?
Here are a few videos from around the globe showing the unit in use or being installed.
Still need assistance?
If you still can’t find what you are looking for, fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you within 24hrs. Phone support is available by calling our support line, however charges may apply for out of warranty Farmscan products.
100% Backed & Supported
All our products are 100% backed by the team at Farmscan & come with a 12month return to base warranty.
30-Days Money Back Guarantee
You can always have your money back if you are not satisfied with any Farmscan product.